Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Social Virtual Networking - The Business Case

Many managers are skeptical, if not resistant to the use of social networks like Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and the like. The article below says it makes good business sense:

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/web20/63708.html

An excerpt:

"As the CEO of a technology company with a workforce mostly under 40, I also questioned whether I should ignore it, prohibit it or encourage it. Eventually, I concluded that I need to encourage it, even embrace it. Tools are emerging that enable businesses to leverage social networks for online training and learning -- giving companies a compelling way to bring social networks into the workplace fold."

Or as the Borg (no, I am not a Trekkie) says:

"Resistance is futile."

No comments: